top of page

COGNE ACCIAI SPECIALI APPROVED 2022 SUSTAINABILITY REPORT

COGNE ACCIAI SPECIALI APPROVED 2022 SUSTAINABILITY REPORT WITH AN OUTLOOK ON THE COMPANY AND ITS EMPLOYEES.

Reduction of environmental impacts, local territory, human resources management, protection of rights and fight against corruption. These are the main actions set out in Cogne Acciai Speciali’s 2022 Sustainability Report.


The company’s strategy aims to improve the quality of work-life balance of its more than 1,000 employees, reduce pollution through specific investments in the production cycle, increase energy efficiencies, Industry 4.0 tools, and digitalisation.


A very significant figure is the distribution of 48% of the value produced directly to employees. Overall, the distributed value added came in at 71%, of which nothing was distributed to shareholders, while the remaining 29% was reinvested in the company to support investments.


The figures show a 6% reduction in carbon footprint compared to 2021. In 2022, Cogne Acciai Speciali contributed to preventing the combustion of 2,326,545 m3/000 of natural gas by transferring the heat generated by the production process to the Aosta district heating plant, which is equivalent to 4,459,571 kg CO2eq not released into the atmosphere of Valle d’Aosta.


The company also provided an average of more than 32 hours of training per capita in 2022, a 70% increase on last year.

2022 was a year of big changes for our Company and sustainability continues to be an important part of our agendas,” commented Massimiliano Burelli C.E.O. of Cogne Acciai Speciali. “In recent years we have been committed to reducing our carbon footprint and the 2022 figures show a further reduction of 6% compared to 2021 and 9% compared to the data collected in 2019. The path to carbon neutrality and zero emissions is ahead of us - continued Massimiliano Burelli C.E.O. - and to follow it in the best possible way, we have decided to launch a series of projects that will allow us to set and share targets and operational plans intended to reduce carbon dioxide emissions according to the SBTi principles that we expect to achieve between now and 2030”.


In 2022, Cogne Acciai Speciali contributed to preventing a very significant amount of natural gas combustion into the atmosphere of Valle d’Aosta,” General Director of Cogne Acciai Speciali Monica Pirovano explained. “This is an amount of carbon dioxide equivalent to the amount that a forest of over 127,000 trees can absorb annually. Our employees are our most valuable resource - General Director Monica Pirovano continued - developing their skills and competencies is crucial to us. In 2022, 48% of the wealth generated by Cogne Acciai Speciali was redistributed directly to them, and more than 32 average training hours per capita were also provided,” Monica Pirovano concluded.


The sustainability report can be viewed and downloaded in the SUSTAINABILITY section of the website www.cogne.com/en



Simone Nigrisoli

Addetto Stampa

Cogne Acciai Speciali S.p.A.

Mob: +39 3335305861



ความคิดเห็น


bottom of page