Quality and Innovation in Cogne Acciai Speciali – A continuous route that never ends
The installation of the aerospace bar testing equipment according to AMS STD 2154 standard has just been completed.
The equipment has testing capacity for bars with a range of Ø15÷240mm, with a length up to 7m. The achievable test sensitivity is related to class AAA – AMS STD 2154. It is a 10-channel equipment that uses conventional ultrasonic technology, designed and built on Cogne Acciai Speciali specifications by its suppliers to meet the most stringent regulations in the AEROSPACE sector.
Just completed the installation of an ICP-MS spectrometer that will put Cogne Acciai Speciali in the position to expand its analytical potential by allowing:
- Analysis of trace elements on steels and superalloys (Pb, Bi, Se, Sb, Te, etc.) according to the requirements of AMS, ASTM, ISO standards.
- Analysis of elements from migration tests (Ni, Mn, Cr, Cd and Hg) according to different food, health regulations (allergen release) and Toys Regulation
- Micro pollutant analysis on raw materials (Pb, Bi, P, Se, Cd, Ta, Sb, As, etc.)
- Environmental trace analysis (water, sludge, slag)
Share This Post
- Powder dosing with mould temperature feedback control in continuous casting of stainless steel for high quality billet surfaces
- Cogne’s shareholders have approved its 2021 Financial Statement: for the company a turnover of more than €645 million
- Expansion to the north: Cogne expands its range of products and services to northern Germany by taking over EMB GmbH
- (Italiano) Approvato il Bilancio di sostenibilità 2021
- Italian high quality steel producer Cogne Acciai Speciali S.p.A. commissions SMS group to supply a water treatment plant