Quality at first!
Cogne Acciai Speciali is specialized in the production of stainless steels, valve, tool steel, parts in design and construction steels of medium and high alloy. The entire production cycle is divided into three areas:
Steel and forging shops: It is dell”area within which manufacture takes place and the first hot transformation of ingots, blooms, billets, mold blocks, round pipe. The systems consist essentially of: Electric arc furnace UHP AOD converter system LF refining and RH degassing plant Continuous casting 2000 ton presses. 5000 ton presses. Swaging SXP 40 Plant remelting ESR Heat treatment.
Rolling mill: integrated bar and wire rolling mill (bars 16-105 mm; wire rod 5,5-32mm) heat treatment furnaces, pickling unit, blooming 950/650).
The area of mechanical processing activity: involves the finishing of the semi-finished steel, also for valves of internal combustion engines, by peeling, grinding, etc. straightening. Here are also made to design pieces and heat treatments.
Cogne Acciai Speciali’s commitment to its customers is to produce and supply material to agreed specifications and to continually strive to improve levels of quality at competitive costs.
Customer Satisfaction is the basis of all the company’s activities and, to this end, the Management has created and implemented a System of Quality Management conforming to UNI EN ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016.
The System of Quality Management was certified by IGQ Institute in Milan on 30.10.1992. (18.04.1997 for QS-9000, 01.12.2005 for ISO/TS 16949 and 3.09.2018 for IATF 16949). Certification was renewed on 03.09.2018. ISO 9001 covers all the production of Cogne Acciai Speciali. Whereas QS-9000 and ISO/TS 16949 before and at present IATF 16949 is the certification demanded by the automotive industry. For the activities related to products for aeronautical industry, space and defense, Cogne Acciai Speciali was certified EN 9100 by UNAVIAcertinstitute since 17.03.2017
Our company is accredited by TÜV, in accordance with AD 2000-Merkblatt W0 standards, and by MPA NRW society for the Ü-Zeichen certification and CE (EN 10088-5:2009 and Regulation 305/2011/EU) in the context of applications for civil constructions. As far as the production process is concerned our company has obtained from IGQ and TÜV the certification according to Directive 2014/68/UE – PED (IGQ) .
Our company is also accredited by Det Norske Veritas (DNV) for our steel used in the naval sector. UK CARES has also given the certification for commercialisation of our concrete reinforcement products. STATOIL ASA has approved, in accordance with NORSOK M-650 APPROVAL, steels used in oil mining in the sea.
The Germanischer Lloyd Institute has granted on the 14th of March 2007 the omologation for steel grades 1.4404 and 1.4104 used in the naval sector (Starting from 01.04.2016 GL approval is included in DNV approval).
The Lloyd’s Register has granted on the 27th of July 2010 the certification (renewed in 2017) for bars and semifinished products, in stainless steel, used in the naval sector.
On date October 18, 2013 Bureau Veritas company approves hot rolled and forged round bars in steel grades 1.4404 and 1.4418 as fitting for marine applications.
On 17.02.2016 ABS approved Cogne Acciai Speciali as producer for stainless steel rolled and forged bars used in the marine sector.
On 16.07.2018 NADCAP granted certification to Cogne Acciai Speciali for heat treating of bars used in aerospace sector.
Look about certificates:
- Certificate EN 9100 (UNAVIAcert 00345-N)
- Certificate ISO 9001 (IGQ 9223)
- Certificate IATF 16949 (CISQ automotive IGQ 9223)
- Certificate ISO 9001 (IQNet)
- Direttiva 2014/68/UE – PED (IGQ)
- DNV-GL MANUFACTURER CERTI FICATE (Steelmaking and RoIIed Steel Products)
- DNV-GL MANUFACTURER CERTI FICATE (Steel Forgings)
- Certificate Ü-Zeichen (MPA NRW)
- Certificate Germanischer Lloyd – Approval of MateraI Manufacturers
- CARES UK – Certification Authority for Reinforcing Steels
- Lloyd’s Register – Certification Steelmaking and Semi-Finished Products
- Certificate TÜV – AD 2000-Merkblatt W0 and Directive 97/23/EC (PED)
- QTR – NORSOK M650
- Certificate Regulation 305/2011/EU – CE Marking (MPA NRW – 0432)
- BUREAU VERITAS – APPROVAL CERTIFICATE for MATERIALS
- Certificate NADCAP
- Certificate of qualification reinforcing steel(D.M. 14.01.2008)
- Policy on quality, health, environment, safety at work and major accident prevention
- Certificate ISO 14001 (IGQ A2I01)
- Certificate ABS Approval
- ROHS 2 Declaration