Cogne Acciai Speciali started industrial activity in 1916
adopting the name of the place where the iron ore was mined since Roman times.
- Steel shop produces ingots, blooms, billets, round and flat forged, round by extrusion of seamless tubes and profiles and it is equipped with: EAF UHP, AOD converter, RH degassing, continuous casting (3-4 streets), blooming mill;
- Forging shop: 2 pull-down oleodynamic presses: 5000 tons and 2000 tons; and GFM SXP 40 hammer machine;
- Rolling mill makes use of an integrated mill for bars and wire rods and furnaces for heat treatment;
- Finishing dept. completes the processing cycle producing pickled wire rod, stainless steel bars, rods, and blocks for tools and tool bars for valves of internal combustion engines;
- Machines shop: CNC machine tools suitable for the productions of pieces up to about 24 m. in length.